Throughout the course of my career and beyond, I have found numerous opportunities to deliver educational material to a variety of audiences. To be honest, as someone who describes themselves as an introvert, I was initially surprised by how easy I found this to be.
My first experience with this came when I volunteered to join the "Tech Talk" series that my second employer did weekly. My "Photoshop Basics" class went over really well, even among my other fellow UI engineers who used Adobe Photoshop daily.
Since then I have sought out many opportunities to share my knowledge and skills including:
- Technical training for technical and non-technical staff
- IT educational experiences for 4-H youth
- Homebrewing classes for medieval reinactors, as well as general public
- How-To videos for crafting techniques
- Archery and martial arts instruction